Up to £28,000
Our client is a nationally recognised property-sector organisation based near Darlington who are looking for an IT Technician to join their team.
As IT Technician, you will be responsible for maintaining computer systems and networks, aiming for the highest functionality. You will also train users of the systems for appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc).
- Monitor and check computer hardware to ensure continuous service and performance efficiency.
- Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
- Develop and maintain local networks in ways that optimize performance.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems.
- Supervise and process help desk support requests.
- Assist in maintaining Internet service and telephone systems.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience as an IT Technician or relevant position directly supporting end users.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication ability.
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- A degree in computing or similar qualification.
- Car owner with full UK driving licence.
If this sounds like the job for you or you’d like to hear more, click “apply” and one of our consultants will be in touch.