Job Title: Interaction Designer
Location: Fully remote
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Our client is an ambitious, growing technology consultancy based in the North East, currently on the lookout for an Interaction Designer. They are rapidly growing and as they expand their services for their clients, they need really talented candidates to support their business.
This is a really exciting opportunity for the right candidate. The role is fully remote and flexible as required and benefits include generous annual leave, exceptional training and development, pension, amongst other financial perks.
As Interaction Designer you will be responsible for designing the user journey, interaction points and UI elements that allow a user to interact with a service. This role sits within the user centred design service, a growing team of specialists within content, interaction, UX and user research.
· Draw together the clients business requirements, user needs and technical capabilities. The end goal is to develop and design a solution that works well for users.
· Design digital services and products.
· Design solutions at the appropriate fidelity ranging from paper to interactive prototypes.
· Iterate designs based on insights from user research and data.
Skills and experience:
· Commercial experience as a user-centred interaction designer.
· Demonstrate good practical knowledge of accessibility standards and responsive and adaptive design.
· An appreciation for the customer experience on channels beyond digital
· Experience / knowledge of HTML and CSS
· Can clearly vocalise design choices and persuade stakeholders of the importance of interaction design
· Thrive in a multidisciplinary team
· Understand agile processes
Desirable but not essential:
· Experience in another UCD specialism.
· Some front end development skills that support building interactive prototypes in code.
· Familiar working with developers.
· A strong understanding of GDS and designing to government service standards, preferably on projects that passed assessments.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, click “apply” and we’ll get things rolling. If you’d like to find out more about this or any other job with us, get in touch.