Our client is an internationally recognised digital marketing agency who are looking for an ambitious Lead Software Engineer to join their team based in Clerkenwell, London.
As Lead Software Engineer you will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers, working in a cross-functional ream using Agile principles in a highly autonomous and collaborative environment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of all technical and architectural decisions for your team.
- Work closely with Product Manager and Scrum Masters to ensure timely delivery.
- Support, mentor and coach the engineers in your team.
- Write clean, well-tested and refactored code alongside engineers.
- Establish a shared team technical vision.
- Define and execute a development plan.
- Champion software quality.
- Champion Agile best practices like TDD, continuous integration and delivery.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive software engineering experience using one or more languages including PHP and/or
- Experience with architecture design while leading software development team.
- OO skills, strong design and integration patterns knowledge.
- Experience with Agile and Lean delivery approaches and modern engineering practices, such as
- clean code, TDD, refactoring, Domain driven design, Continuous integration and delivery.
- Experience in designing, developing and consuming REST APIs and APIs as product.
- Experience with communicating technical vision and passion for close collaboration with both
- technical and non-technical stakeholders.
If this sounds like the role for you, click “apply” and we will be in touch to tell you more.