Position: Marketing Assistant
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: Up to £28k pro rata (depending upon experience)
Hours: Part Time 17.5 hours per week (negotiable)
Our client, a growing consultancy firm at the cutting edge of their field, is looking for a Marketing Assistant to strengthen their Newcastle team.
The role offers the opportunity to shape the overall development strategy of the business, making your mark by developing excellent client relationships and engaging marketing materials that keep the company in their position as leaders of their field. You will support the Marketing Director in creating positive external awareness of the company in their marketplace and generating new business opportunities.
Skills and Experience
· Previous experience working in a marketing role, either client or agency side, with demonstrable knowledge of marketing theory and practice.
· Prior experience managing CRM and email marketing platforms (e.g. HubSpot, Mailchimp).
· Experience creating market research campaigns, analysing and presenting data.
· Digital marketing experience including managing company social media channels and websites.
· Excellent writing skills and experience creating digital content such as blog writing and creating copy for a wide variety of promotional materials.
· Experience delivering exemplary customer service and a proven track record establishing and nurturing client relationships.
· Highly proficient at working within Microsoft Office Packages.
· Previous experience working in or with SMEs.
· Ability to create high quality tender documents.
· Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite packages such as Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator.
· Any experience in technical SEO, PPC or Paid Social Media marketing.
· Full UK driving licence.
· Knowledge of the chemicals sector advantageous but not essential.
Role and Responsibilities
· Assisting with the development and implementation of the company’s marketing plan to help reach the company’s marketing goals and objectives.
· To be responsible for preparing and supplying marketing materials such as exhibition stands and promotional materials, for use at events and conferences.
· Supporting the management team by identifying strategic approaches for business growth and development.
· Co-ordinate and develop an external quarterly newsletter.
· Creating and distributing content such as brochures, blogs, emailers, social media and web content.
· Managing the company’s online communications channels.
· Analysis and reporting of strategic marketing data, including competition and market trend analysis, as well as conducting your own primary market research.
· Developing excellent client relationships that drive value for the business.
· Updating and maintaining the company’s CRM system and ensuring maximum added value is gained from it.
· Excellent communicator and relationship builder.
· Customer-oriented mindset.
· Thoughtful, creative and technically excellent.
· Thorough in your work with a great eye for detail.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, click “apply” and we’ll get things rolling. If you’d like to find out more about this or any other job with us, please get in touch.
Due to the high number of applicants for many of our roles currently, we’re unfortunately unable to reply to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within 10 days of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.