Our client, a well-known public sector organisation based in Cleveland, is looking for a PR & Marketing Officer to join their team for an initial six week contract.
As PR & Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for providing media services and content and supporting the Communications Manager in the development and delivery of the communications strategy.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support the delivery of the communications activities.
- Build and maintain relationships with the media and partners.
- Drafting and circulating press releases following consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
- Media monitoring including liaising with external agencies to undertake this work if required.
- Contribute to internal communications e.g. writing content for staff newsletters.
- Develop an understanding of the company’s communications portfolio to ensure that all media activities and internal newsletters support and enhance.
- Support the Communications Manager to devise and manage an evaluation system for media key metrics, provide regular reports and monitor standards of content, ensuring accuracy, effectiveness and timeliness.
- Develop, produce and maintain guidance notes to assist staff in producing content and using media channels.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of legal issues around communications including Copyright and Data Protection legislation.
- Support the communications function by fulfilling communications requests, contributing to campaigns and providing communications support as required.
If you’d like to apply or hear more, just click “apply” and we will be in touch.