£25-35,000 + Bonus
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced QA Engineer to join an outstanding employer with a growing team, based in Newcastle. This is an important role for the company as they provide outstanding quality products to the thousands of customers who use them every day. The ideal candidate will have extensive hands on Web testing experience and mobile native and webapps for both iOS and Android, including integration and acceptance testing.
Your main responsibilities include:
– Being part of a scrum team, flushing out acceptance criteria along with creating and executing test cases.
– Proficient in logging, prioritising and retesting bugs found
– Ability to look through log files and diagnose problems.
– Methodological thinking – to formulate sensible testing plans and execute them
– Very clear written and verbal communication
– Excellent organisational skills with a ‘can do’ attitude and the desire to learn
– Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Automation testing of Web, Mobile Apps or API testing with scripting languages would be a great advantage.
Key skills and attributes:
– Hands on testing with Web and Mobile Apps
– ISTQB Foundation or above qualified
– Familiar with test managements tools such as Redmine and Jira
– Familiar with tools such as Cucumber, Specflow and Postman for automation
– Understanding of Jmeter or similar for performance & Load Testing
– Proficient in BDD and an understanding of TDD
– Working on own or as part of a team
– Be able to coach colleagues in QA best practice
– Online Betting/Gaming experience is an advantage.
– Excellent Holiday allowance
– Quarterly team events
– Performance bonus
– Cycle to work scheme
– Travel Loan scheme
– Contributory Pension
– Supplies of fresh fruits, cereals, biscuits, nibbles etc
– Friday evening beers
– Birthday off
– Relevant training and training budget
If this sounds like the job for you or you’d be interested in hearing more, click “apply” and we will be in touch to tell you more.