Job Title: QA Engineer
Location: Remote working
Salary: Up to £60k DoE
Our client is a long-established software business based in the vibrant city centre of Newcastle upon Tyne and they are looking to add a new QA engineer to their team. As QA Engineer, the role will involve both manual and automated testing, as well as testing web applications and APIs.
· Commercial QA Experience.
· End-to-end implementation of test-plans.
· Front and Backend experience.
· Automation and Manual.
· Familiarity of HTTP status codes.
· Experience using Proxy tools (Charles or Fiddler).
· Experience in using Proxy tool features such as Map local/ throttling/ rewrite etc.
· Competent using bug tracking tools do you use Jira or Trello.
· Experience of using Postman for API testing.
· Experience in using Appium.
· Participate in the entire application lifecycle, focusing on coding and debugging.
· Write clean code to develop functional web applications.
· Troubleshoot and debug applications.
· Perform tests to optimise performance.
· Gather and address technical and design requirements.
· Provide training and support to internal teams.
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
· Liaise with developers, designers, and system administrators to identify new features.
· Developing performance and automation test suites.
· Follow emerging technologies.
· Full Remote Working or Hybrid Working if you prefer.
· Flexible working hours.
· 35 hour working week for good work/life balance.
· 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
· Career progression opportunities.
· Enhanced pension scheme.
· Refer a friend bonus scheme.
· New business / innovation bonus scheme.
· 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme to support with mental, physical and financial wellbeing.
· Regular social events.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, click “apply” and one of our consultants will be in touch to tell you more about the role and the company.