Job Title: Senior Front End/Frontend Developer
Location: Gateshead (or remote working)
Salary: £25k – £35k
A Senior Front End Developer is required that has a wealth of experience and is looking for a forward-thinking employer. You will be working with React, Next.js and other current technologies. The successful candidate will be developing technical, bespoke platforms and web applications.
This company is open to remote working. The role can be office based or remote working or a mix of both. They have offices in a variety of locations UK-wide including Sunderland, Gateshead, Nottingham, Sheffield and London.
The company likes to allow everyone in their teams to have a voice so if you want to work for a company that really listens to everyone’s opinion, then read on.
· Excellent HTML/CSS (LESS, SASS, SCSS) experience, including modern layout approaches like FlexBox and CSS Grid, building responsive interfaces and animations using Transitions
· Experience building applications using React JS
· Experience designing large scale web solutions from scratch
· Ability to consume REST APIs to power user interfaces
· Strong communication skills
· Keen to continuously learn and share knowledge with others
· Excellent ability to self-manage and keep to tight deadlines
· Experience managing on-site technical SEO and accessibility
· Strong focus on user experience
BONUS POINTS IF:
· You’re able to consume GraphQL APIs to power user interfaces
· You can set development standards and perform Code Reviews
· You have detailed knowledge of React 16 and experience writing custom hooks
· You have experience with TDD methodologies
· You can mentor other developers within the team
· You can use Styled Components or a similar CSS-in-JS library to design user interfaces
· You have experience of working with containerization technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
· You have experience of working with web service technologies
· You understand the process of a CI/ CD pipeline
· You have TypeScript experience
· You have PHP knowledge
· Above ‘standard’ pension scheme
· Flexible working hours
· Option to work remotely, or choose an arrangement to suit you
· Training budgets
· Relaxed working environment
WHEN YOU’RE IN THE OFFICE:
· Great working space with a well-stocked drinks fridge, fruit & snacks, really good filtered coffee, pool table and games console.
· Regular socials and events
· Friday afternoon beers
· Monthly lunch
· Free on-site parking
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, click “apply” and we’ll get things rolling. If you’d like to find out more about this or any other job with us, please get in touch.