Job Title: Senior PHP Developer / PHP Software Engineer
Location: Gateshead / Remote Working
Salary: £40-50k dep exp
Our client is a 3 years’ established, award-winning tech start-up with huge ambitions and exciting growth plans. They operate at the forefront of technology and have a major focus on learning and development in every area of their business. They’re growing fast so they need another PHP Developer and they really want to hire someone who is passionate about learning and keeping themselves at the forefront of technology. They’re looking for a Senior PHP Developer who will grow and learn on the job whilst building their ground-breaking Machine Learning and AI-based SaaS platform.
Collaboration is key so the Senior PHP Software Engineers work with the Product Owners to define and deliver the product’s features. The primary focus of the role is to build on and maintain PHP/Vue applications. The below is a list of the client’s current technology. They want to hire someone at an experienced level. Preferably (but not essentially) with SaaS experience. They want the right type of person in this role so if you’re experienced, keen to learn more and love to share knowledge then please apply and let’s talk.
- PHP 7
- Laravel 7
- MySQL (AWS Aurora Serverless)
- A range of AWS services
- Laravel Dusk + PHPUnit
- GIT / Bitbucket
- Modern HTML and SASS
Beneficial but not essential:
- Containerisation (Docker, ECS, Kubernetes)
- Devops (Particularly within AWS)
- Web application security standards and best practices
- UX and modern front-end development
- Agile leadership
This role is primarily about building on and maintaining PHP/Vue applications. The company also build their Machine Learning services in Python. If this is something you are interested in learning more about or already have some experience in, please get in touch.
- Building new backend features mainly with Laravel and MySQL.
- Writing automated tests.
- Working with Product Managers to help plan out new features
- Building the application front end with Vue.
- Operating as part of an agile scrum team.
- Review other engineers’ code.
- Writing integrations with new APIs/adding to our suite of web crawlers.
- Managing infrastructure.
- Sharing your ideas and feedback.
- Work with an amazing team on cutting edge technology
- 33 days holiday plus extra days for length of service up to 38 days
- Training budget
- Flexible working
- Home and/or office working
- Competitive salary
- Client base of leading brands
- Strategy residentials
- On-site parking
- Social budget
If you’re an experienced Senior PHP Developer and you’re interested in emerging technology, Machine Learning and AI and if you really want to be part of an ambitious forward-thinking team then this is the ideal role for you. Please click “apply” and one of our consultants will be in touch to tell you more about the client and the role.