Job Title: Senior PR & Communications Officer
Salary: £26,280 per annum
Our client, an educational provider in the heart of Newcastle, is looking for a highly motivated Senior PR & Communications Officer to join their team. This role is an integral part of the Communications and Marketing team where the successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a proactive PR and communications strategy, identifying and communicating with a range of key audiences.
Skills and responsibilities:
· Research and write for a variety of external and internal publications; case studies, press releases, blogs, newsletters, etc.
· Have or build excellent relationships with journalists.
· Monitor and report on press coverage.
· Monitor competitor activity and media coverage to stay up to date with current issues.
· Gather good news stories and communicate appropriately.
· Respond effectively to press queries.
· Work with designers on production of marketing collateral.
· Work closely with agencies to build relationships and attend production meetings.
· Ensure website content is accurate and up to date.
· Review the social media presence and develop an appropriate strategy.
· Monitor social media for comments / engagement and respond accordingly.
· Analyse social media engagement and report accordingly.
· Support wider team on planning and delivery of annual advertising spend.
· Support wider team with brand management.
· Support the organisation of key events.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, click “apply” and we’ll get things rolling. If you’d like to find out more about this or any other job with us, please get in touch.