Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Salary: Negotiable (DoE)
Our client, an award-winning digital consultancy based in Newcastle upon Tyne, is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to join their friendly development team, helping organisations successfully improve their businesses and operations through the design and build of innovative and bespoke software solutions.
If you’re looking to work in an organisation which is proud of its strong, technical background while collaborating with a creative team, you will love this Senior Software Engineer role.
- Building new websites and web applications.
- Helping to maintain existing websites.
- Working closely with a creative team to produce web pages.
- Using semantic markup and implementing back-end functionality to develop complex, interactive and data-driven websites.
- Debugging and Troubleshooting.
- Experience translating visuals and wireframes into semantically correct web templates.
- Knowledge of design principles and the ability to translate these into fluid and responsive templates.
- Experience developing back-end functionality with C# / ASP.NET MVC / ASP.NET Core MVC.
- Experience working with Sitecore is essential.
- Experience integrating with back-end database systems, including relational databases or no-SQL platforms.
- Strong working knowledge developing cross-platform/browser compatibility (IE10+ & Evergreen Browsers) for dynamic web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (building sites to at least an AA standard).
- Experience working with version control systems such as GIT..
- Experience working in agile software development teams, using tools such as Azure DevOps or Jira.
- Competitive salary, pension scheme, and employee rewards app offering discounts at a number of retailers.
- Enhanced annual leave including bank holidays, flexible hours and hybrid working model.
- Modern city centre workspace, corporate travel scheme and cycle 2 work.
- Free breakfast and fruit, free eye tests and paid sick leave.
- Personalised training and development programmes plus opportunities for internal progression.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, click “apply” and we’ll get things rolling. If you’d like to find out more about this or any other job with us, get in touch.