Job Title: Service Designer
Location: Fully remote
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Our client is an ambitious technology consultancy based in the North East. They are rapidly growing and as they expand their services for their clients, they need really talented candidates to support their business.
This is a really exciting opportunity for the right candidate. The role is fully remote and flexible as required and benefits include generous annual leave, exceptional training and development, pension, amongst other financial perks.
As service designer it will be your main responsibility to identify and solve clients service problems. You’ll balance user needs, business needs and technical considerations. You’ll design the end-to-end, front stage and back stage service journey.
· Evaluate how well a service is meeting user and business needs.
· Define benchmarking criteria and success measurements using a range of data sources and methods.
· Plan and run workshops with users and stakeholders to gain a shared understanding and first-hand insights.
· Undertake research and analysis alongside user researchers and other service designers.
· Create service blueprints. You’ll collate information from multiple sources and disciplines to capture the full end-to-end journey.
· Effectively communicate ideas, journeys and solutions to a range of audiences. You’ll use the most appropriate tool or technique to do this.
· Consider solutions for different channels, platforms and devices. You’ll understand the possibilities and limitations of each.
· Define clear and actionable recommendations for achieving business and user goals.
Skills and experience:
· Have a strong understanding of all user centred design disciplines and champion for them equally.
· Can diplomatically and clearly articulate tensions between technical, business and user need. You communicate respectfully with clients who aren’t as familiar with service design.
· Work well with all specialisms in a multidisciplinary team. You’ll enforce a collaborative working environment.
· Understand agile processes and enjoy working with clients as they evolve and adapt.
· Enjoy building trusting and open relationships with clients.
· Can discuss and define strategy with senior stakeholders.
· Provide guidance and leadership to all kinds of people, including teammates, consultants outside of UCD, stakeholders and client teams.
· Can provide strategic guidance on proposed approaches and solutions. This includes any time and budgetary constraints.
· Are skilled at spotting opportunities for work beyond the original scope or request.
Desirable but not essential:
· Experience working on complex service design projects that required skilled and intensive stakeholder management.
· Experience in another UCD specialism.
· A strong understanding of GDS and designing to government service standards, preferably on projects that passed assessments.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, click “apply” and we’ll get things rolling. If you’d like to find out more about this or any other job with us, get in touch.