Job Title: Social Media Executive
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £20 – £24k
Our client is a very successful online retail organisation based in Newcastle upon Tyne. They’re looking to add a creative and ambitious Social Media Executive to their expanding team. As Social Media Executive you’ll be responsible for the consistent creation and management of the company’s social media content across their various brands.
Culture fit is as important as skillset for this role. For the right candidate, there is scope to progress quickly within the creative and marketing team, taking on more responsibility in this key area of a rapidly growing business. We’re looking for a creative marketeer with a can-do attitude, who has a keen eye for trends and a cheeky sense of humour. This is the ideal role for someone looking for genuine career progression within an organisation who are making a difference with what they do.
- Prior experience of creating brand building communications across various social media platforms, for a number of different audiences
- Excellent planning skills and knowledge of taking content briefs from across an organisation and translating them into engaging social content.
- A solid grasp of developing, managing and protecting brand identities.
- A flexible approach to working and confidence in working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent influencing skills and confidence of working with various business partners (internal and external) at all levels.
- Copywriting and communication skills with the ability to adapt tone to suit the needs of the audience.
- Basic understanding of Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- Creating and posting content across a variety of social channels, being sensitive to different brand identities.
- Community management and engagement.
- Analysis and reporting. Reporting on the effectiveness of individual campaigns and the progress of the social channels against their KPIs.
- Be creative and proactive, spotting trends and opportunities to add the brand’s voice to a conversation, and finding new and innovative ways to engage your audience.
- Be able to contribute at the campaign planning stage.
- Scheduling content to ensure key campaign messages are delivered effectively alongside brand building.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, click “apply” and we’ll get things rolling. If you’d like to find out more about this or any other job with us, please get in touch.
Due to the high number of applicants for many of our roles currently, we’re unfortunately unable to reply to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within 10 days of applying, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.