Job Title: Technical Lead
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: £55k – 65k
We are currently recruiting for a talented Technical Lead to join a leading digital organisation based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Our client develops and delivers custom software, using technology to make money, save money, create efficiencies, integrate systems, and solve problems. They are on a mission to help organisations and their customers thrive in today’s fast paced world. To do this they need people who want to make a difference and will go the extra mile to deliver for their customers.
They are looking to hire someone who has experience developing with multiple Frontend technologies, including Angular (or comparative framework such as Vue or React) and version control such as Git. The successful candidate will have the ability to lead a team to make an impact straight away and have immediate value-add for the clients’ business.
- Commercial experience of working in software development (3+ years) or demonstratable experience.
- Strong knowledge of Angular or comparative frameworks that use MVC (React or Vue).
- A solid understanding of version control including Git/SVN.
- Knowledge of XSLT, JSP and Typescript.
- Analytical mind with problem solving skills.
- Demonstrable understanding of accessibility best practices.
- Experience of working with QA, automated testing frameworks and testing teams to deliver a quality product would be useful.
- Accountable for your team’s outputs; taking responsibility for code quality, security and scalability, measuring performance and addressing technical issues when required.
- Support teams through the process of presenting technical designs to business and technical architects.
- Turn concepts and requirements into exceptional, highly available, quality web application using industry standard languages and technologies.
- Deliver exceptional software solutions to specification and on schedule to provide an engaging customer experience.
- Implement highly modular and maintainable components across a horizontally scalable application framework designed to maximise reuse across multiple channels.
- Participate on the definition of scope of projects and estimates of timescales for development and maintenance work.
- Contribute enthusiastically to our continuous improvement of coding practices, application quality, tooling and agile processes.
- Regular showcases of new work to the customer and business stakeholders.
- A competitive salary aligned to your skills and experience.
- 33 days annual leave.
- Career progression opportunities.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Refer a friend bonus scheme.
- New business / innovation bonus scheme.
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme to support with mental, physical and financial wellbeing.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Flexible hours, remote working and plenty of holidays.
- Regular social events.
If you think you’d be a great fit for this role, click “apply” and we’ll get things rolling. If you’d like to find out more about this or any other job with us, please get in touch.